Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Airplanes & Green Beans

Yesterday I woke up like every other Tuesday and showered, made a smoothie, went to work & checked my calendar. I saw that I would be in the office all day except for one meeting at Fantasy of Flight mid morning to discuss an upcoming event. I have never been there even though the company I work for is currently working on a project there. The impression I had was that it was far away and "just a bunch of airplanes". Boy was I wrong!!!! After the meeting the lady I met with asked if I wanted a tour & of course I said yes. I was still thinking that I would get to see a bunch of airplanes.



I saw a very impressive collection (actually the worlds largest private collection) of vintage aircraft. One of the most amazing things was that they all still fly. I don't know if I would fly in most of them but that is impressive.


After my photo shoot with various aircraft we moved on to what I thought was going to be a tour of the lobby & maybe a gift shop. I was wrong again! Fantasy of Flight has a tour that takes you aboard a B17 Flying Fortress in a WW2 bombing mission & other flight simulators. 


I would highly recommend visiting Fantasy of Flight. I know I want to take Geoff and my parents soon. They even have a buy one get one ticket deal for Florida residents this summer. Score!

Now for Green Beans!

Twice last week I roasted up green beans & potatoes to make a delicious, healthy version of a "potato salad" & twice last week I would have made more. I will admit that I don't eat potatoes. Years ago I developed a sensitivity to them and have never tried reintroduced them to my diet. That being said Geoff is a huge meat & potatoes man so I give him potatoes & I just ate the green beans. 

Roasted Green Beans & Baby Potatoes with Lemon & Dill

1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
10-15 baby potatoes, halved or quartered 
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
3 tablespoons fresh dill


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Spray a sheet pan with olive oil & top with green beans and potatoes. Spray with additional olive oil and season with salt and pepper.


Roast until green beans and potatoes being to brown, about 25 minutes. Stir about halfway through.


While vegetables are roasting, using a small food processor, pulse olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley & dill. My parsley plant died at some point between the first try and the second try but I highly recommend using it but it isn't necessary. 


Once incorporated, transfer to a bowl and toss in vegetables. 



Geoff enjoyed his alongside chicken he grilled while I added chick peas and a bed of lettuce. I will be making this again very soon. 

As I promised, Geoff's cousin posted a "family picture" from the ocean. Christmas card maybe? 

I swear he loves the water.

Is your dog a water dog? Argos would live in the lake, ocean or pool if he could. 





No comments:

Post a Comment