Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Favorite Balsamic Dressing. Yay.

Wedding count down? 10 Months from today! My goal for this month is to still find a band, still find a videographer, address & mail my save the dates, figure out honeymoon destination, & finalize bridesmaid dresses. Should be easy enough :) The not so easy goal? Get this body in "the best shape of my life" ugh.

Endurance wise I am there although I have goals and a race in November that I need to improve (Miami Man!) I want to increase my strength, tone up, and improve my nutrition.




This weekend Crossfit & Dr Fuhrman combined upped my motivation & I am excited to move forward. My company is starting a corporate membership at a local gym this week and that will include various challenges (great motivation) and I dusted off my copy of Eat to Live to brush up on the amazing information provided in the book as well as all of the success stories.

Yesterday I mentioned, "The Salad is the Main Dish", and this is where I am going to begin. You can ask anyone and they know that raw vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. I know that the only way I can stick to a lifestyle change is to take it slow and ease myself into it (& ensure there is dessert involved still...) and I think incorporating salads and/or raw vegetables into every meal is going to be my first goal.

Sunday was a success, a delicious success.


My Sunday Salad:
  • Mixed baby greens
  • Broccoli sprouts
  • Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Radishes
  • Lemon, basil hummus (attempt #2, attempt #3 coming soon)
  • My favorite balsamic dressing (see below!)

Geoff brought home some fresh Tuna that they got on their most recent fishing trip & since he spent a majority of his Sunday evening fixing my storage "solution" for the laundry room.... He got Tuna on his salad: 



His salad consisted of:


  • Mixed baby greens
  • Tomatoes
  • Tuna
  • Capers
  • Lemon juice
  • My favorite balsamic dressing
  • Baguette

My Favorite Balsamic Dressing 

4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 small shallot
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon agave
salt & pepper to taste

Using a small food processor or hand held blender combine all ingredients. I store the dressing in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid so that I can shake it whenever I need to use it.

Last night we went to dinner with friends, it was an Italian, chain restaurant so my dining choices are limited but I ordered a salad and smuggled in this salad dressing :) Totally worth being made fun of.


1 comment:

  1. first it's smuggling hummus, now it's salad dressing. haha.

    you're starting to motivate me... :)

    ReplyDelete