Sunday, September 18, 2011

Black Bean Spread

I really enjoy Sunday afternoon rain showers... 


I also really enjoy super simple recipes that I can use for a variety of dishes. The black bean "spread" I made a few days ago is exactly that. I made it with the intention of it being a dip that I could sub for hummus for a few days. Don't worry I am still in love with hummus, I just thought I could mix it up. 

It is a great dip for veggies and chips but it is also great heated up and enjoyed as "refried" beans, spread onto a tortilla, or stirred into soup. I may have tried each the past few days...

Black Bean Spread

1 can black beans, drain & rinsed
1/2 cup fired roasted tomatos, drained
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 garlic clove, chopped 
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional but I love it)
1 tablespoon cumin
salt to taste


Combine all ingredients in the food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached. 


I added red pepper flakes after tasting because I wanted a little heat. Hot sauce would work too. 


Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator & enjoy as desired :) 

.live creatively well.
-nicole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment